Sunday 5 February 2012

I think I have probably bought everyone here a drink.

So as you may have read last week I'm going to start posting blogs about me rather than my work. And I was trying to say what day I would be posting them, and that didn't really make sense, so what I'll say is, I shall post these when ever I feel like!

This blog will contain stories and jokes and thing of that nature, it will also involve me telling you what in listening to, band wise and a good film or TV programme.

And we will see how it goes

OK quick story.

I had to buy loo paper this week! I know a story about toilets, look how I've grown!

As I walked into a well known high street supermarket (no product placement here!) I hoped that the very good looking girl, wo works there, wasn't behind the counter today, the day I need to buy loo roll!
 

Lo and Behold there she was in all her loveliness, beaming as she beeps the loo roll and puts it in my reusable bag. I'm pretty sure if the Supermarket wasn't full she would have ravaged me on the tills, with the purchases I had made that day (!) "Loo roll, Kit kats AND a reusable bag, Hey stand back, you might get hit with this shitty stick I'm using to fend girls off with!"

And now here's something completely different.

MUSIC: Currently I am listening to Oxford Collapse, I suggest if you fancy listening to them "Please Visit Your National Parks" is a good song to get into them.

FILM: I recently watched "Submarine". Moss from the IT crowd (Richard Ayoade) has got all "growed" up and directs what I can only call a masterpiece of modern indie film. 15-year-old Oliver Tate has two objectives: To lose his virginity before his next birthday, and to extinguish the flame between his mother and an ex-lover who has resurfaced in her life.(taken from IMDB)


Craig Roberts who plays Oliver Tate is absolutely brilliant and is a young man with a bright future ahead of him I'm sure. Noah Taylor plays his father to boring brilliance, if you have to time to watch this film you will understand the subtlety of Taylor's performance.

To top it all off Alex Turner, of Arctic Monkeys fame, wrote the soundtrack which complements the film perfectly. Some of the songs where later used on the Arctic Monkeys 4th Album "Humbug", Piledriver Waltz for instance.

If you have a chance, and like British Films, I suggest you see this film.

That's all from me at the moment

See you soon 

Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment